Welcome!

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

some friends asked why I did not join Singapore Idol or any singing competitions for that matter.

I admit that I love to sing eversince I was a little girl. in fact, I can't live everyday without singing or humming a tune at least.

but I've said before that I do not want to make singing a profession. of course on the surface, there is no occupational hazards involved. however, once glitz, fame and glamour set in, there are more hazardous risks to just physical jeopardy.

especially if you think you are someone who easily goes wayward or becomes unconscious of who you originally are once you're popular, then media-related professions should not be your choice.

a clearcut example is this Singaporean artist who is so snobbish I feel like puking when I look at her face. I know she has been groomed and picked by Malaysia's tip-top film producer to act in his serial drama and also a recent hit movie.

but why be arrogant and annoying as if her acting is so excellent it's capable of subjugating her Singaporean counterparts who have not made a name overseas? perhaps when she makes it to Hollywood, or even Bollywood, only then will I be convinced her acting's near superior.

okay sorry for that bit of digression. I don't know why I'm being an emotionally fucked-up wreck these days.

anyway, back to my point. not that I think I will be like the said person if I'm famous. I'm just not going to take risks.

what is media anyway? methinks it is immoral. it sucks people in, chews them up and then spits them out.

which is the reason why Suria organised Anugerah Skrin and TCS 5, Singapore Idol - to replace the old who are no longer commercial, with fresh new faces. vide Siti Nurhaliza. we can't be sure that she will still be popular when she's married or perhaps after donning the tudung. Siti's fanatics, relax. this is just my view.

moving on to Singapore Idol, today's contestants sucked totally. so far I've not seen any Idol hopefuls whose capability is on a par with Taufik Batisah's. maybe it's still early to judge and even Taufik himself wasn't as good during this stage of the competition as he is now.

but it is Taufik's humbleness and modesty that make him stand out. who says you can't remain lowly after winning the Favourite Singapore Artist award? in terms of character traits, he should be a role model to artists like my previous description. haha.

all in all, no singing competitions for me because think of the sequel of being the champ. what fun is there when you're being chased by paparazzis and your every action is being watched by public?

what's more, you have to work hard in order to maintain yourself in the industry. for all I know, I just want to continue keeping a low profile no matter where I am.

besides, you don't have to tell people your singing is good. they will know if it really is. an example is shown in the video below.

okay I chose that because it has the rhythm I like. hehe. enjoy.

...featuring my alter ego @ 9:47 PM
|