Welcome!

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I thought the match was a bit of a disappointment because I had expected more goals from the samba boys.

albeit having 6 strikers (not all were official strikers though) moving towards goal, only one managed to find the net. no doubt, it was hard to break the walls of the Croatians and they made it even harder for the Brazilians in the second half. maybe the former team felt that they were undermined and that spurred them on to overpowering the Brazilians. in my opinion, Croatia could have won the match with better finishing.

Kaka was excellent and his goal was one of the best in this competition so far. Ronaldinho showed why he is the best footballer in the world. I was in awe all the time when he dribbled past no less than three opponent players. while most brazilian players deserved praise and credit, I was surprised by Ronaldo's "heaviness" and lack of movement. I definitely would love to see the Ronaldo he used to be.

but at the end of the day, a win is all that matters. and I'm pretty sure Brazil will go on to play Italy in the second round.

...featuring my alter ego @ 5:38 PM
|