Welcome!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

as promised, pictures from the wedding in Malaysia.

Aniq was primmed and cool and all set to go.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

like last week, it was another soporific ride to Kota Tinggi.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

but we did stop at Mini Kelantan for an hour or so to rest, shop and to answer Mother Nature's call. I was at this cafeteria...in my baju kurung, and for once I felt like a wanita mithali. hahaha. however in Malaysia it's not so bad la.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

albeit our timewasting at Mini Kelantan, we still arrived at the kampung too early. therefore we had to wait at one of the neighbour's house where we were served typical kampung food.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

take a look at the gubahan after I arranged them nicely (just for the sake of taking photos). hehehe.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

anyway, this is what I would say a kampung like in the olden days... a house made of wood. I chose the three musketeers to be my models in this picture. hahaha.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

after a few freaking hours, it was time for the 'berarak'. I don't know where the hell the kompang group had disappeared to.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

passing down the gubahan...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

my initial image of the bride.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

after a while, the big 'berinai' ceremony started. rice and a mixture of flour was applied to the palms and foreheads of the couple, as a sign of blessing. I was told to do that too, but I didn't want to embarrass myself lest I'd do the wrong thing. hehe.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

when everything has finished, we helped ourselves to chow outside the house. I didn't eat anything because for goodness sake, it was already nearing 11pm then. moreover, my eyes already felt heavy my eyeballs would pop out anytime. haha.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

after that was my favourite part - taking photos with the married couple. hehe. I looked downright awkward standing short in the middle, all by myself, when the people on my left, right and front were all couples.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

my family, with the absence of my sister.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

finally, we brought back the gubahan for the bridegroom.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

okay I admit I'm damn lazy to type more. blogging with pictures takes up a lot of my time.

...featuring my alter ego @ 5:02 PM
|