Welcome!

Monday, August 07, 2006

do you know how much I love....... love love love the song 'Dealova' by Once Dewa? I probably won't get sick of it no matter how often I play it on the radio, laptop, MP3 player, et cetera.

I've also heard Siti Nurhaliza's rendition of 'Dealova'. damn I love it sooo much. she sings with a voice so warm, soft and resonant, touched with a hint of sincerity. watch the video.


anyway, my cousin got engaged with a Malaysian girl yesterday and so I went to Kota Tinggi. we had to leave early in the morning to avoid the jam at the causeway. it was a very long journey indeed but my day was made fun by playing with the kids at the back seat of the car. hahaha.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

when narcissism set in...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

it's been lightyears since I last visited a kampung. too bad that my cousin's fiancee's is kind of like a modernised kampung la. I was expecting it to be like a kampung in the olden days where the cows and chickens can be seen along the road. but I saw none. so disappointed. haha.

you know the feeling was like, ah, to be back there! to taste once more, even if only for a moment, that kind of serenity you can only feel by being in a kampung. nevertheless, the house wore an air of friendliness, of welcome, and it appeared to beckon beguilingly.

my cousin's the one in white by the way.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

and then the ceremony began.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

that's me and my mother with my soon-to-be relative, which is tomorrow, since she and my cousin are engaged for 2 days before they wed. weird, but true. how come it's like that, I've no idea. so don't try to ask me.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

the food was okay la, but I definitely could do with more. I mean, the engagement was worth RM11111.11. so I guess it wouldn't hurt to provide the guy's side with dishes that are more in both quality and quantity, right?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

the hosts sending us off...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

bye-bye... I'll be back again with pictures from the wedding in Malaysia next. watch this space.

...featuring my alter ego @ 9:05 PM
|